On-Site Christian Science Nursing Services
Christian Science Nursing Care
For those needing care at home, Broadview’s Visiting Christian Science nurse service comes to you. Care is provided by a Journal-listed Christian Science nurse and is offered to Christian Scientists who are relying on prayer for healing and are working with a current Journal-listed practitioner.
Our Services Include:
- Assessing needs
- Bathing, shampoos
- Nail care
- Cleansing and bandaging of wounds/injuries
- Ambulatory and non-ambulatory care
- Assisting with meals
- Assisting new mothers
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, please see our Donate page. We are also happy to come and speak to your church or with your church’s Care Committee to provide more information on this service. Our phone number and other details can be found on the Contact Us page.
Advance Healthcare Directive
We strongly encourage individuals to consider making an Advance Health Care Directive. These are legal documents that involve appointing someone you trust to make healthcare decisions for you and/or provide information about the kind of care you would like to have in the event you are unable to speak for yourself. Because Christian Science care is not widely understood, it can be especially important to have this paperwork in order including a statement of that desire and to communicate this fact to your loved ones. Once you make an Advance Health Care Directive, it is important to inform the appropriate people where it is kept and how to retrieve it in an emergency.
What is the schedule of charges?
- The first hour that a Christian Science nurse spends with a first-time patient is complimentary. Subsequent time and additional visits are invoiced at $65.00 per hour, prorated to actual time spent.
- Administrative costs are invoiced at $60.00 per hour prorated to actual time spent. Those include billing, recordkeeping, phone, text, e-mail consultations, reports to the Christian Science Practitioner, preparing bandages, etc.
- Round-trip mileage is calculated from our Visiting Service office in Laguna Hills, CA, and is invoiced at the national rate determined by the IRS each year.
- Costs for supplies provided.
What are your terms?
- Invoices are due upon receipt.