“Happiness consists in being and in doing good.”
– Mary Baker Eddy, Message for 1902 17:22
Looking for a way to be of service? Looking for a way to express love that promotes healing and spiritual growth? Consider joining our Broadview community as a volunteer! There are lots of different ways to share your talents and gift of time at Broadview.
- Read the weekly Bible lesson to our guests
- Share pets, talent or travel photos with us!
- Present a program around a hobby or a special interest.
- Help us prepare for special events and workshops!
- Musicians – come perform for our guests!
Christian Science Practitioner? We welcome your prayerful support of Broadview. Contact us to learn more.
You can serve weekly a few times a month, or a few times a year – each of our volunteers is greatly appreciated and makes a difference. A strong volunteer program strengthens and supports Christian Science nursing.
What our volunteers are saying
“Donating time to read the lesson aloud during the week or helping out with some project at Broadview has always felt like such a privilege, and it encourages me to do more. It is God meeting my need to be useful, express love and compassion and keep healing uppermost in my thought.”
I’ve grown as a Christian Scientist by volunteering at Broadview because it demands selflessness and helps develop spiritual sense which Mrs. Eddy says “is assimilated only as we are honest, unselfish, loving, and meek.”. (S&H 272:3 ) I love volunteering there because you get to work where the healing power of Love is understood and expected.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Our teen volunteers:
- Run audio for our testimony meetings and Sunday church services.
- Play hymns on an instrument – we have enjoyed piano, guitar, flute and violin in the past
- Decorate public spaces for holidays
- Fill treat bags and/or make cards for the guests for various holidays
- Share a talent or help create a special event.
- Assist with preparations for special events such as public workshops