• Clearway Foundation Matching Grant Announced!

August 28, 2015

Ready to double your dollars? Clearway Foundation will match every dollar donated to our Visiting Christian Science Nurse Service by November 29, 2015, up to $25,000. Head over to our donation page to take advantage of this awesome opportunity! (Be sure to choose 'Visiting Christian Science Nurse Service' as the fund you'd like to donate to.…
  • Healing Moments – July 2015 Newsletter

July 31, 2015

We are grateful to have been able to respond to a number of new calls for our Visiting Christian Science Nurse Service last month. Four clients visited had very quick healings, and we are no longer needed there. At our facility, we're grateful to have witnessed growth among a number of our guests, including one who…
  • Medicare and You (the Christian Scientist)

July 31, 2015

Guest post by Mark Waterson This post was updated on June 22, 2016 . Working in the Business Office for Broadview for nearly a decade, I can safely say that no financial vehicle - and make no mistake, Medicare is a financial vehicle – has been more beneficial in helping Christian Scientists receive care that…
  • Handling World Beliefs about Health Wrap-Up

July 28, 2015

What a great turnout we had for our July workshop! The two hours were packed with insight and inspiration, and all left armed with metaphysical tools to handle world beliefs about health. The morning opened with short talks by Dan Wood, Los Angeles Bureau Chief for The Christian Science Monitor, and Kathy Sublette, Christian Science…
  • Isabel Foundation Awards Us a Three Year Grant!

June 30, 2015

We have some great news to share! Isabel Foundation has awarded Broadview a three-year grant of $235,000 towards our Campaign! This generous gift will support the excellent Christian Science nursing care we continue to provide for our community. The Isabel Foundation was founded by C.S. Harding Mott in the name of his wife, Isabel, and began…
  • Healing Moments – June 2015 Newsletter

June 30, 2015

Did you know we have outpatient services? A letter of gratitude for them from the field. Dear Broadview, I'd like to express my gratitude for your wonderful nursing staff.  Last November, my daughter and I went to Disneyland for a surprise evening trip with some friends.  While waiting in line for our 1st ride, my…
  • What’s in Your ‘Pot of Gold’?

May 26, 2015

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John 13:35 If you have ever visited the Reading Room of First Church, Laguna Niguel, you've likely noticed several bins inside - glass and plastic for recycling (used to help the Sunday School raise funds to send to Heifer International) and a few general barrels…
  • Healing Moments – May 2015 Newsletter

May 26, 2015

Broadview’s mission is to support healing, and this isn’t just limited to patients and residents. We are expectant of healing whenever there’s a need, and last month, we demonstrated that! With two admissions, there was a need for additional staff, or contract Christian Science nurses. After making what seemed like many, many phone calls, we…
  • Welcome to our Board of Directors, Anne!

May 26, 2015

We are thrilled to announce the addition of a new member to our Board of Directors: Anne Cooling! Anne is a Christian Science practitioner and a member of the Christian Science branch church in Laguna Niguel. She lives in Mission Viejo. She has served on the board of Sunland, a Christian Science Nursing Facility and…
  • It was a morning to sing about….

May 26, 2015

On Wednesday, May 20th, a white bus pulled up in front of Broadview and two dozen third graders from Berkeley Hall School tumbled out of it. While we finished setting up chairs and preparing patients and residents for their visit, they decided to stay outside and enjoy the big, green lawn. Within minutes, a game…