Every year, we offer free workshops for our community. Their purpose is to explore healthcare issues important to Christian Scientists and to non-Science family members and caregivers, and the particular topics are often selected based on calls and inquiries that we receive along these lines. This year, we will be hosting the following workshops:
- March 8th – Childbirth & Infant Care, led by Penny Swank, Director of Christian Science Nursing at Peace Haven
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Metaphysical preparation for childbirth & Birthplace options
- Break for lunch (provided onsite for all participants)
- 12:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Practical preparation for childbirth & Care of the newborn
- May 10th – Caring for a Loved One
- After establishing a metaphysical foundation for care, we will explore the practical aspects of caring for a loved one and what services are available to assist Christian Science and non-Science caregivers and church Care Committees.
- July 12th – How to Discuss Christian Science from a Health Perspective & ACA (Affordable Care Act) Update, led by Don Ingwerson, Committee on Publication for Southern California
- Learn how you can discuss Christian Science confidently when the opportunity arises. A question and answer session the Affordable Care Act will follow.
- September 20th – Effective Health Care, Broadview’s Annual Meeting
- Join us for reports of healing, updates on Christian Science nursing, a metaphysical talk, and lunch in our garden.
- The meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m. (with light refreshments available thirty minutes before that), and lunch will be served around 11:30 a.m.
- Regional Workshops – We are available to speak to your church, organization, or church Care Committee about Christian Science nursing, paying for care, and Broadview. Please contact Kendall Tuchkova at 323-221-9174 x309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: All workshops run 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., unless otherwise specified and are held at our facility. For directions, please click here. To RSVP, please call 323-221-9174 or email email@example.com.