|TITLE:||R1 Coordinator for Christian Science Nurses Training|
|DEPARTMENT:||Christian Science Nursing|
|REPORTS TO:||Christian Science Nursing Education Team|
|COORDINATES WITH:||Christian Science Nursing Education Team|
|SALARY RANGE:||Commensurate with experience|
Summary of responsibilities
Under supervision by the facilities committed to this R1 program, oversees student inquiries and applications process. Assists with records of student information, including visa status, financial accounts, and class enrollment. Has a moral commitment to Christian Science and an understanding of Christian Science Nursing. Assists with recruiting, selecting, and guiding potential international Christian Science nursing students.
- Researches eligibility criteria for R1 work visas, Extensions of Stay, I-360 applications, etc.
- Keeps up to date with changing government regulations related to international student applications
- Confers with Christian Science Nursing Education Team to clarify questions or issues that may arise regarding an applicant or their application
- Drafts and submits proposals for R1 work visas, I-129 Extension of Stay, I-360 if applicable, and any Requests for Further Evidence (RFE) to government departments, foundations and other agencies
- Prepares thoroughly and proof reads carefully all supporting documents into appropriate packets for international applicants including cover letter, support letter, following governmental specifications, etc.
- Carefully follows all instructions for mailing or FedExing application folders to Department of Homeland Security
- Collaborates with Christian Science Nursing Education Team to vet potential Christian Science nursing students
- Collaborates with other Christian Science nurses training programs for vetting applicants
- Reviews and analyzes resumés of Christian Science nursing students
- Is a secondary contact for international applicants and answers their questions, etc.
- Arranges for transportation from airport upon arrival to provide a seamless transition after long travel
- Assists candidates with new hire paperwork for those who meet the expectations of the training program
- Where possible, helps candidate obtain the needed documents/capabilities including a driver’s license, a social security card, and maybe a local bank account. If the coordinator isn’t physically near the candidate, then the coordinator is expected to arrange help from others to meet this need.
- Helps international hires navigate cultural expectations including taking out for food, clothing, personal care items, soon after arrival. Will appoint another person familiar with each culture to bridge culture gaps as needed.
- Keeps students’ visa files up to date, including I-797, I-129, I-94, I-129 Extension of Stay, I-360 if applicable, and any Requests for Further Evidence (RFE), expiration dates of visas, etc.
- Provides monthly reports to Christian Science Nursing Education Team to include in facility and department board reports
- Membership in The Mother Church.
- Active member of a Christian Science branch church.
- Completed Primary Class instruction by an authorized teacher of Christian Science and actively attends the Christian Science Association meeting.
- Maintains a healthy, collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including minimal use of slang and idioms in order to communicate clearly with international applicants, is a good speller, etc.
- Exhibits efficiency and a sense of urgency, excellent time management
- Expresses shepherding, nurturing, mothering qualities, for processing paperwork as well and working with applicants who may be new to the United States
- Is detail-oriented and committed to submitting error-free documentation to the US Government
- Ability to provide after-hours service as needed
- Familiarity with the moral and spiritual requirements of Christian Science nursing
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Preferred knowledge of R1 and other work visa application processes
- Knowledgeable in cultural diversity and protocol
- Working knowledge of video conferencing programs and platforms such as Zoom, Skype, WebEx, FaceTime, Messenger, Google, etc.
- Successful clearance of criminal record background investigation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A neat, professional appearance.
- Proficiency in using a computer for writing, researching and emailing.
- Fulfills the healing mission of Christian Science in a manner that inspires coworkers and the public, and encourages others to do the same.
Works remotely to support the Christian Science Nursing Education Team, comprised of several Christian Science Nursing Facilities. Expresses peace-making qualities at all times as evident in conversation and actions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your managers to perform other instructions or duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Christian Science Nursing Education Team has the right to revise this job description at anytime. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the Christian Science Nursing Education Team may terminate employment at anytime, for any reason.